So overdue but so here!
onion and garlic powder
(a spoon of olive oil, just enough to moisten the meat)
1. Add all the ingredients to the ground beef in a mixing bowl except the sumac and knead the meat well.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet and roll out the meat into small kabobs.
3. Cook on both sides until meat inside is not red.
4. Sprinkle some sumac over the mini kabobs.
Eat with sliced lemons, warm pita bread, fattoush, and garlic or cucumber yogurt.
Toasted pita bread
Few drops of vinegar
Toasted slivered almonds
Extra virgin olive oil
Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Layer the toasted pita bread on a nice, presentable serving dish so that the bottom of the dish is covered into bite size pieces of bread.
- Mix yogurt, some tahini (enough to taste the tahini but not completely overwhelming the yogurt), vinegar, smashed! garlic (enough to get a garlic breath, ha…eat a bunch of parsley after and you will banish the bad breath), and salt in a bowl.
- Add chickpeas over the bread with some of the water left over from cooking the chickpeas (if they came from a can, rinse them and boil in some water, just to make them warm, and then use some of that liquid for the bread so it can get moist but not too mushy).
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the chickpeas.
- Drizzle e.v.o.o., sprinkle cumin and paprika over the dish. Then the slivered almonds on top and pom seeds if you have any.
It is a dish eaten warm or at room temperature.
If we have any leftover, we do eat it cold…told you it was easy!
Say Bismillah and share the goodness!
Watch out for this recipe on Friday!
It is a healthy and fast meal/side dish that is really easy to make…
Friday will be all about chickpeas, yogurt, and pita bread…
Warning: Be prepared for your stomach to expand when eating this dish. Elastic waistband is highly recommended.
Also check out my new article here about Da’wah and how every single one of us is doing it everyday…
Have a great one!
Here is an easy and yummy! recipe that could be done, seriously like in 5 minutes!
- a bag of fresh baby spinach or mixed spring salad (different types of salad greens)
- extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of dried cranberries
- crumbled feta cheese
- Rinse and dry salad greens.
- Add the remaining ingredients and make sure to mix well until everything is evenly coated with e.v.o.o., cranberries, and Feta cheese.
This tastes so good.
I have not tried this but I am sure you could add grilled chicken breasts or some walnuts/slivered almonds to make it a lunch meal,
to take to work, a picnic, or potluck side dish!
What other ingredients would you add to the salad?