So, I gave you lots of time to think what it may be…it’s baba ghanoush!
2 large eggplants (cooked on grill or oven until soft and mashable)
3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed! (depending on how garlicky you want it)
extra virgin olive oil
chopped parsley (fresh preferably but you can use dried)
1-2 cups of yogurt
freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Take the cooked eggplants and scoop out the flesh and try to not get as many seeds as possible. Squeeze it between those clean hands of yours and get as much liquid as you can.
- Put the eggplant flesh in a food processor and spin that machine around until it’s smooth; if you don’t have a food processor, you can just use a good ol’ fork but it won’t be as smooth.
- Parsley can be put in the machine as well; you want it chopped finely.
- Pour in the bowl and mix in yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, smashed! ( I envision a big sledge-hammer doing this every time I write that word!) garlic and salt.
- Make sure that it doesn’t taste bitter and bland; you know you have made it right when you taste all the flavors but nothing overwhelms the other ingredients.
- Pour in a nice dish and drizzle olive oil. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Eat with warm pita bread. Or your hands. Just kidding.