Walnut and Date Oatmeal
This is a really healthy and energetic oatmeal that is easy and delicious to make! The amount of toppings is up to the oatmeal-eater so here it is:
Cook oatmeal according to package instructions.
Add milk, walnuts, flax seeds, maple syrup, and chopped walnuts.
What do you like to add to your oatmeal?
Toasted pita bread
Few drops of vinegar
Toasted slivered almonds
Extra virgin olive oil
Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Layer the toasted pita bread on a nice, presentable serving dish so that the bottom of the dish is covered into bite size pieces of bread.
- Mix yogurt, some tahini (enough to taste the tahini but not completely overwhelming the yogurt), vinegar, smashed! garlic (enough to get a garlic breath, ha…eat a bunch of parsley after and you will banish the bad breath), and salt in a bowl.
- Add chickpeas over the bread with some of the water left over from cooking the chickpeas (if they came from a can, rinse them and boil in some water, just to make them warm, and then use some of that liquid for the bread so it can get moist but not too mushy).
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the chickpeas.
- Drizzle e.v.o.o., sprinkle cumin and paprika over the dish. Then the slivered almonds on top and pom seeds if you have any.
It is a dish eaten warm or at room temperature.
If we have any leftover, we do eat it cold…told you it was easy!
Say Bismillah and share the goodness!
Watch out for this recipe on Friday!
It is a healthy and fast meal/side dish that is really easy to make…
Friday will be all about chickpeas, yogurt, and pita bread…
Warning: Be prepared for your stomach to expand when eating this dish. Elastic waistband is highly recommended.
Also check out my new article here about Da’wah and how every single one of us is doing it everyday…
Have a great one!