Toasted pita bread
Few drops of vinegar
Toasted slivered almonds
Extra virgin olive oil
Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Layer the toasted pita bread on a nice, presentable serving dish so that the bottom of the dish is covered into bite size pieces of bread.
- Mix yogurt, some tahini (enough to taste the tahini but not completely overwhelming the yogurt), vinegar, smashed! garlic (enough to get a garlic breath, ha…eat a bunch of parsley after and you will banish the bad breath), and salt in a bowl.
- Add chickpeas over the bread with some of the water left over from cooking the chickpeas (if they came from a can, rinse them and boil in some water, just to make them warm, and then use some of that liquid for the bread so it can get moist but not too mushy).
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the chickpeas.
- Drizzle e.v.o.o., sprinkle cumin and paprika over the dish. Then the slivered almonds on top and pom seeds if you have any.
It is a dish eaten warm or at room temperature.
If we have any leftover, we do eat it cold…told you it was easy!
Say Bismillah and share the goodness!